Sunday, October 21, 2012

Watching the Steelers Game with My Brother

The Steelers have a pretty critical game this evening in prime-time against their division rivals, the Cincinnati Bengals, and even though I think it's going to be a pretty mediocre year for the Black and Gold (as of right now, anyway), things could change with a resounding (or dramatic) victory this evening at Paul Brown Stadium.

I will be going to pick up my brother and bring him back to my apartment so we can watch the game together. It will be the first time we've watched a Steelers game together since Super Bowl XLV, when he, my ex girlfriend and I witnessed Pittsburgh's loss to the Green Bay Packers.

I think it will be a fun night because one of the reasons I love watching sports so much is it brings back memories of times you spent watching a game with your friends and family. Solitude is nice every once in a while, but we weren't put on this planet to enjoy the finer things by ourselves, at least not all the time.

The Steelers played the Ravens in the AFC Championship game a few years ago, and even though I had many invites to watch the game with others (including from my then new girlfriend), I opted to watch it by myself. It was a memorable night as the Steelers conquered Baltimore and advanced to Super !Bowl XLIII, but compared to how much fun it was a couple of weeks later when I watched the Super Bowl with my girlfriend and family, and it wasn't even close.

Just like anything else, sporting events are better when they're supplemented with the company of others.

PS,

my brother better not annoy me or cause the Steelers to lose. If either happens, he's walking home!

No comments:

Post a Comment